Browned butter and chocolate chips give this pumpkin bread extra richness and flavor!
Oh my gosh it’s pumpkin season. Happy dance commences: now. Alright so, it might be a tad bit early to bust out the pumpkin but my mother gave me about 57 giant cans of pumpkin puree and I’ve been eying it in the pantry for months now, just begging to be turned into muffins and cupcakes and cookies and bread. It’s been feeling very Fall-ish around here lately and though I’m basically in tears just thinking about the end of summer, I can’t help but be a tad (read: over the top) excited for boots and sweaters and soup and all things Autumn. So out came the pumpkin. First up: browned butter chocolate chip pumpkin bread.
The browned butter craze is completely understandable. Browning butter brings out a whole new level of flavor you just don’t get with plain melted butter. It’s just not something you can understand until you actually taste the difference.
This bread is moist and fluffy and loaded with browned butter and chocolate chip richness. Better yet, it’s a really simple recipe that makes two nice big loaves of pumpkin bread so it’s not going to run out in one sitting. Well unless you’re me. Cause once I get started on a good loaf of pumpkin bread, there’s just no stopping me. Bring in the new season with this chocolate chip pumpkin bread, you’ll be in lovely in an instant!
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 8x4 inch bread pans with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. After melted continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or until butter reaches a golden amber color. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, pumpkin, eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Mix until smooth.
- In a second bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice and whisk to combine ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between prepared bread pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.