Good Morning Crumb Cake – This yummy crumb cake is perfect for a breakfast crowd or holiday brunch! It’ll be a hit at your next get together!
I think I would eat cake for breakfast every day if I could. And lunch. And dinner.
I love cake.
I made this crumb cake last week for a family brunch. I thought there would be plenty left over to take home and devour throughout the week. Somehow all of it disappeared.
Good thing I took these pictures beforehand and didn’t rely on a leftover piece to photograph when I got home. This recipe would be picture-less.
This recipe must have pictures. Do you see all that crumbly delicious topping? That tight-crumb cake? Helloooooooo delicious.
I’m calling this Good Morning Cake. Because you can’t eat this for breakfast and have a bad morning. It just doesn’t work like that.
This cake will make your morning good. Promise.
Good Morning Crumb Cake
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 sticks butter - softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup greek yogurt - (may sub sour cream)
- spreadable butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10x15 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- For the Topping: In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg, and whisk to combine. Cut in 2 sticks butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In another bowl, cream remaining butter with remaining sugar. Beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and remaining salt. Add flour and mix until just combine. Mix in greek yogurt (or sour cream). Spread in prepared pan. Crumble topping over batter.
- Bake 35 minutes-40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cut and serve warm with optional butter on top.