Good Morning Crumb Cake – This yummy crumb cake is perfect for a breakfast crowd or holiday brunch! It’ll be a hit at your next get together!
I think I would eat cake for breakfast every day if I could. And lunch. And dinner.
I love cake.
I made this crumb cake last week for a family brunch. I thought there would be plenty left over to take home and devour throughout the week. Somehow all of it disappeared.
Good thing I took these pictures beforehand and didn’t rely on a leftover piece to photograph when I got home. This recipe would be picture-less.
This recipe must have pictures. Do you see all that crumbly delicious topping? That tight-crumb cake? Helloooooooo delicious.
I’m calling this Good Morning Cake. Because you can’t eat this for breakfast and have a bad morning. It just doesn’t work like that.
This cake will make your morning good. Promise.
Good Morning Crumb Cake
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 sticks butter - softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup greek yogurt - (may sub sour cream)
- spreadable butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10x15 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- For the Topping: In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg, and whisk to combine. Cut in 2 sticks butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In another bowl, cream remaining butter with remaining sugar. Beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and remaining salt. Add flour and mix until just combine. Mix in greek yogurt (or sour cream). Spread in prepared pan. Crumble topping over batter.
- Bake 35 minutes-40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cut and serve warm with optional butter on top.
This looks so delicious, YUM! I am going to pin this. I came over from the Time to Sparkle Link Party! Hope you will check out my blog!
Have a great day!
it looks yummy!
I love crumb cake and this looks so moist and wonderful!
these look sooo good! And so easy and manageable with what I’ve got in the pantry. Definitely making this tomorrow 🙂
Also, if you dont mind my asking, how did you get that cool recipe formatting? its really nice! Looks like a cookbook!
This recipe calls for 15X10 pan, if I cut it in half what size pan would I use?
Hi Roe, I would try an 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan!
Isn’t 15 x 10 a jelly roll pan? Could I use a 9 x 13 pan instead? I like having thicker pieces. Please advise. Thanks!
Yes you can definitely use a 9×13!