One pan creamy balsamic chicken & green beans is healthy, full of savory flavors, and ready in 30 minutes.
One pan chicken meals are my go-to for busy nights and it has been busy lately. The holidays are always crazy but we decided to take the kids on their first cruise two weeks before Christmas and even though I wouldn’t trade hearing that toddler laughter in our rented golf cart all around Catalina island for anything in the world, I feel like I’ve been playing catch up ever since we got back. One pan meals have been saving my sanity lately.
All that being said, this dish is one of my very favorite 30 minute meals. I just love the balsamic sauce on this dish. It only has 6 simple ingredients but it’s the perfect blend of savory, tangy, and creamylicious goodness that get’s kind of caramelized in the pan and makes your chicken and veggies extra yummy. Even my kids were licking the spoon clean when I made this last week. And what I like most about this creamy balsamic chicken and green beans situation is that in just 30 minutes you’ve got a main and a side dish all ready in one pan. Can’t beat that!
One Pan Creamy Balsamic Chicken & Green Beans
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 pound green beans
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Djion mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt & pepper - to taste
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, and salt and pepper.
- Grease a large pan/skillet. Brown chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side over medium heat. Add green beans and sauce, stir to coat. Cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and green beans are tender.
- Top dish with cracked black pepper and fresh thyme (optional) and serve.