Sheet pan clambake with flavorful shrimp, sausage, lobster tails, clams, and veggies all made on one pan. The easiest, tastiest way to enjoy a clambake!
It’s already halfway through August. HOW did that happen?? I feel like Summer is slipping away and I’m dying a little bit because Summer is my jam.
Tan lines and flip-flops, trips to the lake, camping, cooking and eating outdoors, it’s what my heaven looks like. I’m not ready to give it up just yet. I think I need about three more months of Summertime goodness and then I might be ready to transition into Fall.
To me, a good clambake feels like Summer on a plate. I’ll eat it anytime of the year though, because shrimp, littleneck clams, andouille sausage, lobster, and summer veggies like potatoes and corn are all things I just cannot resist. Especially when you toss garlic, butter, and Old Bay and bake it all together one just one pan.
I boil my potatoes and corn first to get them par-cooked, but you can also roast them in the oven if you want this meal to be truly one pan.
The browned butter is semi-optional. I mean technically no, you don’t have to do the browned butter – the meal will be tasty without it. But friends. You want the browned butter, trust me. You can make it while the rest is baking and your clambake dinner will thank you for it.
Sheet Pan Clambake
- 2 ears of corn - husked and chopped into thirds
- 1 pound red potatoes - chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 pounds clams - scrubbed
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled and de-veined
- 12 ounces andouille sausage - sliced into ¼-inch medallions
- ½ white or red onion - sliced
- 2-4 lobster tails - (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon - cut into wedges
- 1 cup butter - divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine potatoes and corn in a large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook for about 8-10 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes and corn to a large bowl. (**Alternately, instead of boiling, you can cook the corn and potatoes on the baking sheet in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes until tender. )
- Add clams, shrimp, sausage, onions, lobster (if using) and black pepper to the bowl along with the potatoes and corn. Melt 1/2 cup butter, stir in garlic and Old Bay seasoning. Pour over seafood and veggies and stir to combine.
- Spread everything out on your prepared baking sheet. Add lemon wedges to the pan. Cook for 12-18 minutes until clams have opened and shrimp turn opaque.
- Melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Continue to cook 3-4 minutes longer until butter turns from pale yellow to golden in color.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with browned butter sauce and lemon wedges (for squeezing on top). Enjoy!