Tasty garlic sheet pan garlic parmesan chicken & potatoes made together on one pan! This easy and healthy sheet pan dinner will blow you away with its incredible flavor.
If you love this sheet pan meal, you’ve gotta try Sheet Pan Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans, Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken and Brussels Sprouts, and Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.
This is my dream. To live in a world where all the yummy entrees and all the yummy side dishes are created simultaneously on one pan. Imagine your chicken and your potatoes all seasoned and cooked to perfection, hot n’ ready at the same time. No trying to keep one warm while the other finishes cooking. No need to head up a second oven, or even use a second pan.
Maybe that isn’t 100 percent realistic for all dishes and all meals, but I’m trying really hard to get us as close as I can. Starting with slow cooker Mediterranean chicken and veggies all made in the crockpot. And one pan creamy balsamic chicken and green beans. Not to mention baked chicken broccoli alfredo with your protein, your pasta, and your veggie all baked into one cheesy, saucy dish.
You see? We’re getting closer. We’re experiencing a little taste of that life where no-fuss meals and busy lives can coexist peacefully. Today I’m gonna show you how to combine a handful of my very favorite things – garlic, parmesan cheese, crispy potatoes (aka: potato wedges, aka: FRIES) and chicken – into one sheet pan dinner that will please you and your entire family.
Hungry man friendly, busy mama friendly, kid friendly, company friendly.
The key here is to start baking the potatoes by themselves before you add the chicken. Piece of cake, just pop them into the oven for about 15 minute then flip the potatoes and scoot them over to the sides of the pan before adding your chicken. Then another 15-20 minutes in the oven and both the potatoes AND the chicken are ready to go.
Everything here is so flavorful you can absolutely devour it straight-up. I however, am a sauce person and like to pair my fries with ketchup OR (and this is my favorite) drizzle ranch or blue cheese dressing over both the fries and the potatoes. It’s true love I tell ya. The meal I keep up my sleeve for, well, everything.
What people are saying about this Sheet Pan Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes
“My husband and I loved this recipe. We added the same seasonings to some broccoli and cooked it on the same pan!” – Meghan
“LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!” – Lisa
“This was incredible! quick and easy to throw together on a busy night, and my kids loved it!” – Katie
“Delicious! My husband and I loved it! Great that it is all cooked on one pan!!” – Karen
Sheet Pan Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Potatoes
- 3-4 small-medium brown/russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil - divided
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese - plus additional for topping
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet pan.
- Wash and dry potatoes, then slice into THIN wedges. (You should have 8-10 wedges per potato – if you cut them too thick they won’t get crispy and might not cook through completely) Place potato wedges in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl stir together garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Pour half of the mixture into the bowl with the potatoes and toss to combine. Set aside remaining seasoning.
- Arrange potatoes on prepared pan so that none of the potatoes are overlapping and they are all laying on their side (not standing up so that the skin-side is touching the pan). Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the chicken…
- Brush chicken with remaining oil, then sprinkle on both sides with remaining seasoning mixture.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Use a fork to flip each potato wedge over to the other side. Scoot all of the potatoes towards the edges of the pan to make room for arranging the chicken on the pan.
- Return to oven for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork-tender and crispy on the outside.
- Top chicken and potatoes with additional parmesan cheese if desired and serve with ketchup or ranch dressing.
Thank you for this recipe! I used chicken thighs, because that’s all I had (& I tend to like them better anyway). I cut them into pieces and they cooked beautifully. I also roasted some carrots along with the potatoes. I am not a fan of Italian seasoning, so I omitted it, but the flavor was still delicious. I will definitely make this again.
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
Can the chicken with potatoes in a garlic and Parmesan cream sauce e made the night before and baked the next day
I’m sorry, are you meaning this recipe or my chicken and potatoes with Dijon cream sauce? This recipe doesn’t have cream sauce
This was good! I used chicken fillets Going to try to marinate in the spices and olive oil next time to see if it makes it a bit juicier. Nice and easy, husband liked it!