Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole – All of the flavors your love in a traditional green bean casserole made with just 6 ingredients right in your slow cooker! A convenient and comforting side dish for any holiday or dinner occasion!
Side dishes… I have mixed feelings. When it comes to holidays, it is ALL about the side dishes for me. I love the potatoes, the breads with butter and homemade jam, the salads and pastas and sauces and dips. In fact, I think I could do away with a main dish at Thanksgiving and just eat all side dishes and be 110 percent happy.
But I don’t like making side dishes. Because all too often they are time consuming and require more work than I feel a dish that is not the center of attention should really be deserving. You know?
This side dish?? Not time consuming, labor intensive, or expensive annnnnnnd it’s made in your slow cooker so it’s gonna free up some room on the stove and in the oven – BOOM! It’s a winner. This year for Thanksgiving or Christmas or hey, next week for Sunday dinner – make this slow cooker green bean casserole. You’re gonna love how easy it is and the flavor is perfecto!
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- 2 16-ounce packages frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 10-ounce jar Alfredo sauce (or 1 1/2 cups homemade)
- 1 6-ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup French fried onions, divided
- Lightly grease your slow cooker. In a large bowl, stir together green beans, alfredo sauce, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, pepper, and half of the French fried onions. Transfer mixture to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours or until bubbly.
- Top casserole with remaining French onions and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes.