All the bold flavors of a classic taco in a mega-cheesy dip! Perfect for parties!
Excuse the mess, I’m eating something mega-cheesy here.
I made this taco queso dip last week for the same football game I made those incredible monte cristo party sliders for and this dip vanished so fast – everybody loved it. Even my father who, by the way claims to hate cheese.
1) How can you hate cheese??? For reals.
and 2) if you hate cheese and you love a cheese dip like this, it’s gotta be good right?
- 32 ounces original Velveeta cheese
- 2 15-ounce cans mild or original diced tomatoes and chiles (I used Rotel but you could use another brand as well)
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup drained and rinsed black beans
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- tortilla chips for serving
- Saute ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
- Cut Velveeta into cubes. Add velveeta to slow cooker. Stir in diced tomatoes and chiles. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or low 2-3 hours.
- Add ground beef, black beans, and spices to slow cooker and stir to combine with melted cheese. Top with diced avocado and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.