S’mores Cheesecake Bars – An tasty graham cracker crust under a rich cheesecake layer, topped with toasted marshmallows and melty milk chocolate chips!
It’s been a few weeks people, I really needed to take care of my chocolate-marshmallow-graham-cracker cravings. By now you must expect that you’ll see a s’mores-inspired treat on this blog fairly often. It probably has something to do with my childhood. I’ve always been an outdoorsy person and I loved camping. Unusual for a gal, but I’m being totally honest, I really love it. Bugs? No hot water? Dirt? meh. Plus, a s’more tastes exactly three point seven billion times better when it’s made over a real live camp fire. You know, the kind with the logs and the flames, and the crackle, and the charred smell you can’t get out of your hair for a week.
And by the way, I can build my own fire. Just saying. I prefer to start with a match or a lighter than flint and steel but…. I can do it that way too. Rubbing two sticks together? Not so much. But for an ooey gooey real live authentic s’more I’d give it a go. However, if you’re at home and not out roughing it in the woods, you can make these S’mores Cheesecake Bars in the comfort of your dirt and bug-free (hopefully) kitchen. A sweet and salty graham cracker crust, then a rich cheesecake layer and topped with toasted marshmallows and melty milk chocolate chips. So good! S’mores goes with anything, I swear.
- 10 whole graham cracker sheets
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8 inch pan with foil, spray with cooking spray. In a food processor or blender combine graham crackers and sugar and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and continue to pulse until mixture comes together. Press mixture into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake layer: In a bowl combine egg, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar and mix until smooth. Pour mixture over baked crust. Bake 18-22 minutes until cheesecake is set (shake the pan a little to see if it jiggles in the middle-take it out when it no longer does).
- Switch oven to broil. Scatter marshmallows and chocolate chips over cheesecake layer. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until marshmallow are toasted - watch carefully or they will burn!. Chill one hour. Cut into bars and serve. (You can let them come to room temp before serving if you prefer them not chilled). Store chilled in airtight container.