Easy 3-ingredient caramel fondue dip you can whip up either in the microwave, or in a crockpot. Rich, gooey caramel sauce for dipping all of your favorite treats!
I love easy desserts with limited ingredients and this caramel fondue takes the cake. Honestly I think it’s the easiest dessert I’ve ever made. Almost too easy to call it a recipe. But it is a recipe. So I’m sharing it. Because you really need this fantastic stuff in your life.
You can make it either in the microwave – for practically instant gratification (we all have those days), or in the crockpot – for an easy peasy dessert to serve at a party. The slow cooker is nice for serving larger groups and keeping the fondue warm for a longer time. Either way it’s a walk in the park. A freakishly delicious walk in the park.
There’s no end to the number of things you can dip into this caramel sauce. I’ve tried apples and other fruit (bananas, strawberries – yummmm), pretzels, cookies, chocolates, marshmallows (no shame in dipping sugar in more sugar…). If you’ve got a party coming up, or just a passionate craving for something sweet and irresistible, you need to make this. It really couldn’t get easier or tastier.
- 25 soft caramels, unwrapped
- ⅓ cup milk or heavy cream
- ⅓ cup mini marshmallows
- optional: scant ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ideas for dipping: apples, pretzels, marshmallows, cookies, crackers, strawberries, bananas, etc
- Combine caramels and milk to a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth. If needed, return to microwave another 1-2 minutes.
- Add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted and sauce is smooth. If desired, stir in salt. Start dipping!
- Add caramels, milk, and marshmallows to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 hour. Stir until smooth. If desired, stir in salt. Dip away!