Easy no-fuss one pot chicken & veggie ramen is bursting with flavor and easily customizable with your favorite veggies!
Right now I’m thinking back to my college days when I didn’t cook a thing and wonder where this recipe was when I was having microwaved tortillas and jarred nacho cheese for dinner. Honest to goodness I ate that for dinner you guys. Numerous times. And when it wasn’t that it was cold cereal (welllllll I still have that for dinner sometimes, but I’ve graduated from Lucky Charms to Special K so now it’s a grown up meal). It was a huge deal when my boyfriend-now-husband gifted me a rice steamer for my birthday and I started splurging for a bottle of Panda Express Mandarin Chicken sauce.
Okay my mother bought the sauce for me and I poured it straight over the rice, no chicken or veggies whatsoever. Just rice and sauce. WOW have we come a long way.
This ramen recipe would have saved my undergrad life. It doesn’t get easier than dumping a bunch of veggies and chicken in a pot with some ramen noodles. That’s all this requires of you. Whether you are the busiest person in the world or the laziest chef to ever consider cooking something that doesn’t come from the freezer section, you can handle this dish.
Possibly my favorite thing about this ramen noodle recipe though is that you can easily customize it to fit your taste. Use any veggies that sound good to you, or happen to be rolling around in the bottom of your refrigerator drawer. I used bell peppers, snow peas, mushrooms, and onions this time around but I’ve also used carrots, cauliflower, baby corn, sprouts, and broccoli and they all work great in this easy one pot chicken & veggie ramen recipe. If you like a bit of heat, try using a couple teaspoons of sriracha sauce or some crushed red pepper flakes to spice things up. This one pot thirty minute meal is SO easy and SO delicious. Your Tuesday nights are about to get a whole lot easier and yummier!
- 2 packets chicken flavor ramen noodles & seasoning
- 3 cups veggies (I used a combination of snow peas, broccoli, red bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions)
- 1½ cups water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup low sodium sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce or ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes (stirring once or twice throughout) until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Uncover, stir, and serve topped with cracked black pepper and chopped green onions and serve hot.