Everybody loves Asian cream cheese wontons – this dip version tastes exactly the same but is easier and quicker to make with just 3 INGREDIENTS! This recipe is perfect for parties or served as a side with your favorite better-than-takeout Asian dish.
I have a long history of cream cheese wonton eating. When I worked at that Chinese restaurant in high school, I ate A LOT of said wontons. And by a lot I mean, woah girl, lay off the wontons. I’ve probably eaten my body weight in cream cheese wontons twenty or thirty times in my lifetime. It’s bad. An addiction really. And it didn’t help that there was an endless supply of these wontons at my work.
At the end of a shift, whatever was left in the kitchen was up for grabs and I nearly always took home a to-go box or two stuffed to the rafters with tangerine chicken, brown rice, and cream cheese wontons. Usually the second box was for the wontons alone, they required their own space if you know what I mean.
This dip is probably the greatest discovery known to mankind in the recent century, and I mean that. This tastes exactly like a traditional cream cheese wonton you’d order at any Asian restaurant, except that it’s healthier because it’s not deep-fried (which also means no deep-frying mess) and it’s easier than folding them up. Plus, dip-able things are so much better, am I right?? All of the flavors you love with cream cheese wontons are right here in an easy-to-make dip you can serve up for parties or right along with your favorite homemade Asian dishes! This my friends, is a game changer.
What people are saying about these 3 Ingredient Cream Cheese Wonton Dip
“This recipe is definitely a keeper! Tried them for New Years Eve party along with PF Changs lettuce wraps and they were a hit! I had bought bottled sauce from the store. When I opened it, I knew it was going to ruin the dish, so I made a quick call to a friend who was on the way to the party and asked her to pick up a pint of authentic a Sweet and Sour sauce from our favorite Chinese restaurant. That was key!”
3 Ingredient Cream Cheese Wonton Dip
- 1 package wonton skins (about 50)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sweet and sour sauce
- optional: green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Fold each wonton skin in half so it forms a triangle, then place in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Either brush the tops of the wontons with olive oil, or spray with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a medium sized casserole dish (or two smaller ones). Top with sweet and sour sauce.* Bake for 10-15 minutes or until dip is heated through. Serve with wonton chips and garnish with green onions if desired.