A flavor explosion in the form of these easy, Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas! Ready in less than 30 minutes, these tasty, layered tostadas are a crowd pleaser and completely customizable with any of your favorite toppings.
This post is sponsored by Ortega – all opinions are my own.
It’s time for ALL the Cinco de Mayo celebrations and I have partnered up with my pals at Ortega to show you just how easy and delicious your festivities can be with just a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes. Because it’s not a party without something a little sweet, a little spicy, and a whole lotta YUM, am I right?!
Now let’s just put this out there, I am a huuuuge fan of tostadas. They’re like a half-size salad situation built with layers and layers of my favorite ingredients, all on top of a tortilla. Maybe we can think of it as a salad-burrito hybrid?? YES! Stroke of brilliance. And that is why I love them so much. Two of my most favorite foods rolled into one. Pretty sure that is the meaning of life right there.
Ortega has been providing a wide range of authentic, high-quality products to make Mexican meals at home for more than one hundred years. They’ve got it all, from Taco Shells and Kits, to Salsas, Dips, Refried Beans and of course – Taco sauce! Everything you need to whip up crazy-delicious Mexican-inspired meals right in your own kitchen. Ortega transforms the ordinary meal into a festive, fun and memorable occasion.
I used Ortega Flour Tortillas as a base for these chipotle tostadas, then stacked it high with Ortega Refried Beans, shredded lettuce, sauteed chipotle seasoned shrimp, sweet yellow corn, Ortega Diced Jalapenos for a little heat, cherry tomatoes, mashed avocado, and topped it all off with Ortega Smoky Chipotle Taco Sauce. These effortless Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas come together in less than a half hour and are the perfect weeknight meal and star of your Cinco de Mayo festivities!
Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas
- 4 Ortega 8-inch Flour Tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can Ortega Traditional Refried Beans
- 4 cups finely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled de-veined and tails removed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 15-ounce can yellow corn, drained
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can Ortega Diced Jalapenos
- Ortega Smoky Chipotle Taco Sauce, to taste
- chopped cilantro, for topping
- 1 avocado, mashed optional
- Stir together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Toss shrimp with the oil, then sprinkle seasoning blend over the shrimp and toss to coat. Sauté shrimp in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes until opaque and cooked through.
- Assemble tostadas with tortillas on the bottom and spread refried beans over the tortilla. Top with chopped lettuce, shrimp, corn, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro, mashed avocado (optional) and drizzle with taco sauce just before serving.