These creamy cheesy enchiladas will come together in just fifteen minutes once done in the slow cooker!!
I’ve recently become very well acquainted with my slow cooker. Why, I ask you. Why have I not been using this magical device every day of my life?? I mean I’ve used it a couple times before but it wasn’t until just this past week that we’ve truly bonded.
I don’t know where my head has been but all I can say is, thank you Mister Slow Cooker.
My husband and I love love LOVE Mexican food. That’s why I married him.
Okay it’s not, but it is a really awesome bonus that we could both potentially eat Mexican dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert every single day of our lives and never get sick of it. I am pretty sure that’s not even an exaggeration either. We have yet to actually put this theory to the test, but when we do, I’m confidant we’d be blissfully enjoying our endless fiesta.
This recipe is sooooo good and SO easy. Seriously. Which is honestly to the credit of the slow cooker. Throw it all in the pot before you leave for work and these creamy cheesy saucey enchilada babies will come together in fifteen minutes flat when you get home.
Weeknight dinner: done.
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can black beans - or pinto beans
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups green salsa - (salsa verde)
- 1 cup greek yogurt - or sour cream
- 1 cup mexican style blend shredded cheese
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken breasts, taco seasoning, cream cheese, beans, green chiles, water, and salt. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken breasts with 2 forks and stir contents together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together greek yogurt and green salsa. Spread 1/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto each of the tortillas. Roll tortillas and place side by side in the pan on top of the sauce. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with cilantro and additional green salsa, if desired.