Easy healthy baked lemon chicken that is loaded with yummy flavor and you can make in a hurry with just a few simple ingredients.
Hellooooooo! Did you survive the weekend?
I spent mine in Portland – my first time in Oregon and I l.o.v.e.d. it. I only wish I’d had more time to explore the city but the good news is that this was just a preview and we are planning a family trip to the Oregon Coast this summer which is a good thing because I NEED more marionberry ice cream.
I couldn’t tell you why but the entire time I was out of town I was craving lemon chicken.
I keep a running list of recipe ideas in my phone and when we were on the train going from the airport to our hotel I added lemon chicken to my menu for this week and its been in the back of my mind ever since.
After waiting all weekend to try it out, I am so in love with out this healthy baked lemon chicken turned out! It is juicy, tender, savory with a hint of sweetness, and so so easy to make. I served it with pan roasted garlic asparagus and it was heaven!
Bottom line: You need this, you really really do.
What people are saying about this Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken
“This was a great meal! Followed the recipe to the letter then broiled at the end for about 3 min for the perfect brown on the chicken. My husband and extremely picky 5yo gobbled it up and said this one was “a keeper”.” – Kristin
“Made this recipe last night and loved it! Had to come back and comment on it because it was delicious & the boyfriend thought it was really good as well. So nice that it was simple ingredients, most of which I already had on hand & the cooking process was super easy. The chicken came out flavorful and was tender. Thanks for a great recipe!!” – Katie
“Thank you for this quick and healthy lemon chicken recipe. I made it tonight and my family loved it. I also roasted potatoes along with the chicken in the pan and they were very tasty and moist. I will make this again!” – Rosie
“Loved it! I made it for my boyfriend last night and he kept raving about it and even sent himself this link so he knows how to make it for himself. I made it with a side of sweet potatoes and it was the perfect amount of food.” – Janie
Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- optional: fresh rosemary and lemon slices for garnish
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until browned. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes (closer to 20 for smaller chicken breasts, closer to 30 for larger) until chicken is cooked through. Every 5-10 minutes spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired and serve.