Quick and delicious, savory seasoned Greek Beef Meatballs made with fresh herbs, lean ground beef, garlic, and baked to juicy perfection. Perfect for no-fuss weeknight dinners and grab-n-go meals!
This post has been sponsored by Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own.
I’ve partnered up with Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. to bring you one heck of a delicious beef-centric recipe and I am beyond excited about this recipe. It’s very easy to make, super versatile, and of course – crazy delicious!
We’ve all had some pretty tasty Italian-style meatballs, maybe with marinara or over spaghetti, I’ve even made some stuffed with mozzarella cheese (so yummy!), but today we are going outside of the box and making these incredible Greek Meatballs. That’s right, Greek meatballs. This recipe will make you fall in love with meatballs all over again!
Beef is a delicious-tasting, nutrient-rich and high-quality protein raised with care and dedication by beef farmers and ranchers. It’s a complete, high-quality protein food that contains all of the essential amino acids our bodies need to build and repair muscle. Beef is a smart choice for weight management. Eating beef can actually help you feel full longer (!) and helps to maintain lean muscle mass during weight loss. The iron in beef, which is more easily absorbed than iron from plant sources, can help prevent fatigue.
I’m running around chasing two very active two year olds so please, give me allllll the iron-rich, fatigue-busting beef!!
One of the things I love so much about ground beef in particular is how family-friendly it is! Even picky eaters and little kids will devour a tasty ground-beef centered meal, a phenomenon I’ve experienced with my (very) selective toddlers. These Greek Meatballs are packed with SO much flavor and are incredibly versatile. Serve them wrapped in pita bread with tzatziki sauce, or alongside veggies for an easy and healthy grab-n-go meal. Anyway you serve it, this recipe is sure to reignite your love of beef!
What people are saying about these Greek Beef Meatballs
“Love these, even by themselves as little protein supplements, but of course all together as well, thank you!” – Sabrina
Greek Beef Meatballs
- 1 pound 93 percent lean ground beef
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons finely ground old fashioned oats see note 1
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh baby dill
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 medium red onion, grated
- 1/4 cup finely grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- tzatziki sauce, for serving optional
- chopped cucumbers and tomatoes for serving optional
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except for olive oil, tzatziki sauce, cucumbers and tomatoes) and mix well. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in prepared skillet or baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through the center. Serve meatballs gyro-style wrapped in a pita with tomatoes, lettuce, and tzatziki sauce, or serve meatballs alone for a grab-n-go meal.
- The oats should be ground in a food processor or blender, pulsed until mostly powdered.
Visit http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/nutrition for more for more recipe inspiration and education surrounding beef!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. The opinions and text are all mine.