Pepperjack Bacon Mac n’ Cheese – Cheesy macaroni noodles with melty pepperjack cheese, peppers, and crispy bacon! Ready in just 30 minutes!
Cheese is great, but it’s much greater when it’s got a little kick to it. Which is why I have a bit of a love affair with pepperjack cheese. One of my favorite need-a-quick-snack-now items is a slice of piece of wheat bread with a slice or two of pepperjack cheese. Not toasted, not sauced up, just like that. I love it. But I’ve discovered that really awesome pepperjack cheese becomes mind-blowingly awesome when you pair it with….. bacon.
This easy skillet Pepperjack and Bacon Mac n’ Cheese comes together in 30 minutes or less but you would never guess by taking just one bite! Mac n’ Cheese is great on its own but when you swap out the usual cheddar for a pepperjack variety and throw in some savory crumbled bacon? Woah! Talk about a recipe upgrade! And you really can’t beat it for a quick and simple, no-fuss delicious meal!
What people are saying about this Pepperjack Bacon Mac n’ Cheese
“I made this last night according to the recipe and it was amazing! I couldn’t stop eating it. I was hesitant at first about pepper jack since I’m generally not a fan, but it turned out soooo good! I plan on adding green chile next time for even more of a kick!” – Connie
“This was simply delicious! We had a crowd of people and everyone got seconds! There was not a single bite left!” – Karen
“I am in love with this recipe – [I’ve] eaten it several times, yum!” – Loren
Pepperjack Bacon Mac n' Cheese
- 12 ounces macaroni elbows
- 8 slices bacon - cooked til crispy and crumbled
- ½ white onion - diced
- ½ cup red pepper - diced
- 1 jalapeno - seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup half and half
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Cook macaroni according to box instructions. Spray a large pan or nonstick skillet with cooking spray and saute onions, peppers, and jalapeños 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté another minute or two until fragrant. Add flour and stir to coat veggies. Add half and half, chicken broth, pepperjack cheese, and cream cheese. Stir throughout until cheeses are melty.
- Add cooked macaroni noodles and stir to coat. Stir in half of crumbled bacon. Top Macaroni with remaining bacon.
If you like this pasta, you’ll love these Oven Roasted Zucchini Spears and BBQ Pork Pitas with Slaw.