Moist and super fluffy chocolate chip pancakes – you’d NEVER guess there’s zucchini in there!
Are you hungry? Cause I made you breakfast. Or dessert, whatever floats your boat. And it’s pancakesssss.
Pancakes loaded to the rafters with chocolate chips. I speak conservatively in this recipe when I say to add 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Because really, do you think that I put less than a whole cup of chocolate chips in these pancakes?
You know me too well.
Okay if you’ve made it this far into this post then I think it’s safe to assume that your curiosity for zucchini in pancakes is winning over the part of your brain that is saying, um ewe veggies do not belong in pancakes. Because this veggies belongs in these pancakes. Cross my heart you will not even taste the zucchini and the moist fluffiness that it adds is by far worth the two minutes you’re gonna spend grating the zucchini.
Ahhhhhhhh pancakes!! It’s a happy day when it starts with pancakes.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips - (I used both semi sweet and milk chocolate)
- Preheat a nonstick pan or griddle to 350. Grease the pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt, and whisk together.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, sugar, vegetable oil, and shredded zucchini. Mix until well combined. (It's okay if there's a few lumps) Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto prepared pan/griddle. Allow to cook until bubbles form and edges look dry. Flip and cook another minute or two until second side is browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with chocolate syrup and powdered sugar if desired.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum