Hearty Autumn harvest chicken salad with sweet and tangy apple cranberry dressing is healthy, delicious, and perfect for fall dinners.
Give me allllll the Fall flavors. There are just so many things going on here that I can’t get enough of. But let’s talk about this dressing first.
Two flavors I really really love – especially together – are apple and cranberry. Particularly during this season. Which is why using them in a vinaigrette to pour all over this juicy chicken salad was a little stroke of genius if I do say so myself. It’s got a little tang and a lot of sweet and it’s completely heavenly.
The rest of this salad is chock-full of so much Fall goodness. Apples and pears (yes, together, and it’s magical) plus crunchy pecans, red onions, crumbled feta cheese, and juicy seasoned chicken.
This hearty, flavorful salad is a main dish waiting to happen at your house. Easy, healthy, ready in 30 minutes…. it’s everything you need and want in a no-fuss dinner this week.
- 3-4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 cups chopped romaine, green leaf lettuce, or baby spinach
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- optional: ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- ⅓ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle a large skillet with oil and cook for 5-7 minutes one each side until cooked through.
- Assemble salads with lettuce topped with onions, apples, pears, pecans, feta, cranberries, and chicken. Serve immediately with dressing.