Tender Baked Coconut chicken strips coated in sweet coconut flakes, baked til crispy and served with the best Asian sweet chili sauce!
Hellloooooo you foodie friends. Weekend off to a good start?? Our friday night was low key and really, I like a good low-key friday night from time to time. Some muy delicioso baked coconut chicken strips, a grueling game of Scrabble (grueling folks. Scrabble is serious stuff), and a visit with the parents. Fun right!?
Wow. We sounds like a really old married couple. Except we can still hear each other. And see each other. And I don’t knit.
Coconut chicken strips, have you had them before?? So good. These ones are baked and so easy – 5 ingredient easy – and healthy. I love the sweetness from the coconut flakes paired with the tang from sweet and sour sauce or better yet, the kick of spice you get with sweet chili sauce!
What people are saying about these Baked Coconut Chicken Strips
“I just made these tonight and they were seriously so good! My husband could not stop eating them. We dipped them in a Thai pineapple chili sauce. Thank you for the recipe! It is definitely a new favorite in our house.”- Katee
Baked Coconut Chicken Strips
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- sweet & sour sauce or Asian sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Whisk together flour and seasoning salt in a small bowl. Whisk together eggs and water in a second bowl. Place coconut flakes in a third bowl.
- Toss strips of chicken in the flour mixture, then dip in the eggs, and lastly roll in the coconut flakes being sure to coat well. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and chicken is cooked through. Serve warm with dipping sauce of choice.