This quick-and-easy Greek Pasta Salad with zesty Greek lemon dressing, fresh veggies, and hearty tortellini pasta will soon become your go-to potluck and dinner side dish!
If you’re looking to switch up your potluck game, try this Mexican Street Corn Chicken Pasta Salad, Strawberry Avocado Chicken Pasta Salad, and Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad.
This salad is honestly so darn easy to whip up in just fifteen minutes, and it’s so much more than a side! I love it straight-up and totally meatless BUT it’s so easy to grill some chicken, using my Simple Grilled Chicken Dry Rub, and add it to make it more of an entrée salad. And the flavors? OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD! The combination of all the vegetables along with the tortellini pasta and the dressing! A little sweet, savory, and tangy, plus the herbs and the secret ingredient: Dijon mustard. Just a tablespoon kicks this dressing up to a whole other level of YUM.
You can easily swap in or out any of your favorite vegetables here. Don’t be afraid to trade the artichokes for roasted red peppers, or add extra feta cheese — the possibilities are endless.
Why This Recipe Works
If you need more reasons to make this dish, check this out!
Store-bought tortellini — whether you choose to buy dried pasta and cook it or toss in already-cooked pasta, the key here is to let someone else do the hard work of making the pasta and you just sit back and enjoy their efforts.
Swappable veggies — Take out what you don’t like and add what you do! It is really that easy!
Make ahead — Whether you eat later at your house or are taking this Greek salad to a potluck, you can make this dish the night before and it’ll still taste great!
Dressing — The Greek salad dressing just makes this dish. The flavors of vinegar, garlic, tons of herbs, plus Dijon and a dash of sugar and half a lemon make this tortellini salad simply bursting with mouth-watering flavor!
Here’s How You Make It
Making the dressing
- Add all the ingredients to a jar, cover with a lid, and shake vigorously until all ingredients are combined.
- Alternatively, you can blend the ingredients in a small blender or food processor.
Preparing the pasta and putting it together
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, if already cooked move to step 2.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked tortellini, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, artichokes, olives, feta, and basil.
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Serve right away or cover and put in the fridge for up to 6 hours before serving.
Ideas for Customizing This Dish
- Swap out the veggies. Like I mentioned, you can swap any veggies in you like. Some of my favorites include red bell peppers, cooked broccoli or cauliflower, peas, banana peppers, edamame, and pepperoncini.
- Add in some legumes! Chickpeas and white beans are two of my favorites to add to this Greek pasta salad.
- Sub out the feta for goat cheese or freshly grated parmesan if you prefer. Or if you’re all about the cheese, double up that feta. Buy it in large blocks and cut into dices for larger pieces.
- Purchase tortellini with a filling. There are many varieties other than cheese. Pick your favorite!
- Dice up pepperoni slices and toss with the rest of the ingredients for a little extra salt and protein.
What’s Inside Tortellini?
Tortellini is a stuffed pasta. Originally filled with meat and cheese, now you can find these little pasta pillows refrigerated, frozen, and dried with so many different fillings — from cheese to lobster.
Are Ravioli and Tortellini the Same?
Ravioli is made from two layers of pasta with a filling in between. They are generally in a round or square shape.
Tortellini is made from one sheet of pasta and folded up in a roughly triangular shape. It’s similar in looks and shape to a wonton wrapper. It’s also stuffed with a variety of ingredients, but primarily cheese.
- If you’re cooking tortellini, keep in mind that they don’t need to cook for long. As soon as they float to the top, usually about 3-5 minutes. When they are done cooking and you can remove them from the boiling water with a slotted spoon for best results. I like to run cold water over mine before adding to the Greek pasta salad or at least allow them to come to room temperature before adding in the other ingredients.
- If you are adding heartier veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, or squash to the salad, it’s best to blanch them first or cut into a small dice for best results. Or use veggies you can microwave in the bag. Just cook, allow to cool, and cut into uniform pieces before adding.
- This Greek salad recipe will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in a sealed container.
More Tasty Mediterranean Recipes You’ll Love
- One Pot Green Chicken and Orzo
- Greek Burger with Tzatziki Sauce
- Easy Tossed Greek Green Salad
- Meal Prep Green Chicken Gyro Bowls
- Mediterranean Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Greek Lemon Rice
Did you make this Green Pasta Salad recipe? YAY! Please rate the recipe below!
Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1 pound cheese tortellini pasta - (either fresh, or dried – cooked according to package’s instructions)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- ½ red onion - diced
- 1 large cucumber - peeled and chopped
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts - roughly chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives - (whole or sliced)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese - (I use reduced fat)
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basil leaves - finely chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt - or to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- juice of ½ lemon
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar, cover and shake well.
- In a large bowl combine tortellini, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, artichoke hearts, olives, feta cheese, and basil. Pour dressing over the top, then toss to combine.
- Serve immediately OR cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving.
I MAde this Last week, and it is NOw My favorite pasta SAlad! Hubby agrees! Thanks So much!
So happy that you love this recipe, Lori! This is one of my top 5 pasta salads for sure! 🙂 Thanks for your awesome feedback!
girl, You have the best recipes! made this tonight, simply delicious!
We jUst got a new pontoOnMboat. Can wait to make this and take for lunch! Who wouldnt love it!
Here’s to hoping you love it!! Have fun! 😉
The food looked so unique and attractive, I just wanted to try this dish.