Juicy, Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken marinated in a garlic cilantro dressing and grilled to tender perfection!
I absolutely adore grilling season.
For me, grilling is the simplest solution to a busy weeknight dinner problem. Often when I’m not even sure what I am going to make for dinner (because we all have those days) I just take a couple of frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer to let them thaw and when dinner time rolls around, I season the chicken and throw it on the grill.
Cilantro and lime go together like PB & J. This chicken has a simple marinade with just five ingredients: lemon lime soda, fresh lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and salt. That’s it! You just toss all of that in a bag, let it marinate for as much time as you have, and then grill up that tender marinated chicken. We topped ours with green goddess dressing and absolutely loved it!
What people are saying about this Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
“We made this last night for company and got rave reviews. Sauce is fantastic, fresh and light. If you make the chicken, I highly recommend making the sauce to go with it. Thank you!” – Gail
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/2-3/4 inch thickness)
- 1 can lemon lime soda (or about 1 1/2 cups)
- juice of 3 limes (plus extra lime wedges for squeezing)
- 1 bunch cilantro (leaves only), roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- juice of 1-2 limes (taste after one, then add the second if desired)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Add chicken, soda, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and salt to a zip lock bag. Seal the bag, shake it a bit to mix up all of the ingredients, and chill for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- If preparing the sauce, add all sauce ingredients to a small food processor and pulse until smooth (you could also whisk the ingredients together instead of using a food processor - if you do this, I recommend garlic powder instead of minced garlic) Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to grill, preheat the grill to medium heat. Transfer chicken from bag to grill and discard the marinade.
- Grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with green goddess dressing or prepared sauce if desired.