Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect cookie for when you are itching to bake but can’t figure out what to make! These pillowy, chewy, moist cookies require NO CHILL time, which means you will be able to get right to the good part — devouring them!
My kids love when they can help their mama in the kitchen. While they would “help” me with just about any recipe if I asked, some are much easier than others for them to pitch in on. Boiling pasta? Stirring something over the stove? Not so much. Baking just about anything though? Well, that’s a no-brainer. The only thing I have to prepare myself for is when they “help” with the baking is the mess they are sure to make. That’s part of the fun though, right?
At least I tell myself that it’s fun while I’m wiping flour off every conceivable surface. Sometimes I think I could make some flour angels on the floor, that’s how much of the white stuff ends up there.
Plus, I feel like when I bake with the kids, it’s also a lesson for them in measuring and a little bit of chemistry too. They are learning how to make things for themselves, a skill I know will come in handy for them sooner than later!
These peanut butter cookies bring together everything that we all love (big peanut butter and chocolate fans over here!) in one yummy, chocolate chunky, no-chill cookie.
Here’s What you’ll Need
To make these easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, all you need are a few essential ingredients:
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
Here’s How you Make it
Soft peanut butter cookies are simple to make, too!
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and very lightly grease a baking sheet or you can line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Take out a medium mixing bowl and whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the peanut butter to the butter mixture and beat some more until it’s all smooth and creamy. Then, add to this the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until the whole batter is combined. I think it’s easiest to do this in a couple different batches of adding dry to wet, then mixing. Finally, stir in the chocolate chunks with a spoon.
- To put these cookies on the baking tray, I use a large cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop, depending on how large you want the cookies to be. Make sure they are about 2-3 inches apart on the sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies begin to brown around the very edges. Let them cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool down the rest of the way.
- Make the rest of the cookies the same way. You can store these in an airtight container for up to 1 week — if they last that long!
Expert Tips and Customizations
Ideas for eating these peanut butter cookies, Tiffany? Like I really need suggestions as to how to eat a cookie? Well, you just might! There are many different ways I like to eat these cookies, believe it or not!
- Straight-up eat the cookie like a normal human (obviously).
- Use the cookies as two ends to an ice cream sandwich! Use vanilla, chocolate, or peanut butter ice cream. Or be a total glutton and fill the sandwich with peanut butter cup ice cream or something really, really decadent!
- Crumble the cookies on top of ice cream.
- Dip or cover these in chocolate!
- Make the batter into cookie sticks (bake all together on the baking sheet and cut into sticks) or make a cookie pie (cook dough in a round pie dish).
- Use these cookies as two ends to a peanut butter chocolate chunk cookie s’more! (Mind. Blown.)
No matter which way you choose to eat your cookies, I’m sure they will all be delicious!
More Incredible Dessert Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Potato Candy
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- Caramel Butter Bars
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Mini Cheesecakes
- Red Velvet Skillet Cookie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Did you make this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe? YAY! Please rate the recipe below!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter - at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks - or roughly chopped or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and very lightly grease a baking sheet OR line with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in peanut butter til smooth and creamy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Use a large cookie scoop (I actually use an ice cream scoop) to scoop cookie dough into mounds and arrange at least 2-3 inches apart on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies begin to brown just around the very edges. Allow to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Store in airtight container up to 1 week (though they won't make it that long without being eaten - just sayin').