Perfectly moist and fluffy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. This is my go-to recipe and disappear so fast every single time!
This is it folks, the moment we’ve all been waiting for. Well, you may not have been waiting for it, because you had no idea that it was coming. But this is a big deal, so just slap on your excited face for a minute, it’ll make me feel like we are all on the same page. (Good work team, you look extremely excited.)
I’ve officially produced the most perfect pumpkin chocolate chip cookies on the face of the planet. Now, I really that is a big claim, and that “perfect” is a very subjective term. But I’m claiming it here. These cookies are perfect because they are everything I want in a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie.
Super moist – check.
Ultra fluffy – check.
Extra pumpkin flavor – check.
Quick, easy, and no crazy tricks – check.
Yep, everybody’s here.
I’m absolutely in love with these cookies. I’ve literally made these 4 times in the past three days. They disappear so fast! Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a staple in the Fall time and these ones will be your go-to. So easy, and they make your house smell like yummy pumpkin spice things! Mmmmmmm 🙂
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda + 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix oil, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, and egg until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another small bowl, whisk milk and baking soda until smooth.
- Whisk baking soda mixture into pumpkin mixture until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Drop scoops of batter onto prepared baking sheet (each should be about 2-3 tablespoons of batter). Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Store in airtight container.
*recipe prep time does not include 15 minutes of rest time
*tip: to make sure the chocolate chips are evenly distributed I like to stir in half of them, and then poke the other half into the tops of the scoops of batter before they are baked. this also makes them look pretty!
*adapted from Two Twenty One