Chewy, no-bake sweet scotcheroos on a stick are easy to make and easy to customize with your favorite sprinkles, nuts, and holiday colors!
Chewy, crispy, peanut-buttery bite-size treats dipped in chocolate. That’s what we have here. In other words, your new favorite no-bake holiday treat in the form of little cuties on a stick with a nod to classic Scotcheroos.
Let’s talk about the five (yes just 4!) basic ingredients for this recipe…
1) Crisp rice cereal —> for substance and a bit of C R U N C H.
2) Creamy peanut butter —> for F L A V O R and R I C H N E S S.
3) Sugar —> for S W E E T N E S S.
4) Karo® Corn Syrup —> for C H E W Y GOOEY T E X T U R E.
Just stir those four simple ingredients together on your stove top to get your sticky mixture going, then let it cool for a few minutes before rolling into balls and pressing a lollipop stick into the middle and voila! Then, because everything is better with chocolate, I like to dip them into melted semi-sweet or white chocolate.
These are so easy to customize by adding chopped pecans, walnuts, pistachios, almonds, crushed chocolate candies or holiday sprinkles. They’re n0-bake, so delicious, and make adorable gifts or party favors. Tie a ribbon around the top and deliver them to your neighbors, or wrap them in cellophane for a tasty little stocking stuffer. I love to bake a little extra during this season and make someone’s holiday extra bright with these fun Scotcheroos on a stick!
Scotcheroos on a Stick
- 1 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 36 lollipop sticks - (5-inch length)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - melted
- ½ cup white chocolate chips - melted
- ¼ cup chopped nuts - (pecans or walnuts), optional
- ¼ cup sprinkles - optional
- Combine corn syrup and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Coat hands with butter or spray with cooking spray. Form Scotcheroo mixture into 1-inch balls and place on waxed paper. Carefully insert lollipop sticks into each ball. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted. Repeat with white chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Dip half of each ball into either semi-sweet or white chocolate. Immediately sprinkle with nuts and/or sprinkles. Place on waxed paper. Cool at least 1-1/2 hours until chocolate is completely set.
Recipe in partnership with with Karo® Syrup. #bakealittleextra