Creamy slow cooker chicken corn chowder is the perfect set it and forget it crockpot soup to warm you all season long.
It’s been cooling off ever so slightly lately and that little change in temperature, along with a few teeny tiny red leaves on the bushes lining our driveway, is getting me in the Fall mood very quickly. I’ve made two soups in the last four days and I’m not ashamed to say I have another one on the way. I just can’t help myself. When I get in the mood for soup, things get a little out of hand. Looks like this year we’re starting a little early, but I promise I won’t bombard with you soup though, we’ll ease into it. One now, another…. tomorrow. Ha! I’m joshing. I’ll give it a week or so.
This is the Fall dinner of my dreams. Honestly it just doesn’t get much easier than this. Maybe ever. Step one, dump everything into your slow cooker. Step two, shred chicken with two forks. Step three, stir in a few more ingredients. DONE. Dinner is served.
I’m not saying you absolutely have to but I highly recommend serving this soup with a load of French bread on the side. I’d eat a loaf of French bread by itself but have you ever dipped a few morsels into the leftover chowder at the bottom of your bowl?? It’s just a little bit of tasty magic I feel that you really need in your life.
What people are saying about this Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder
“This recipe has become one of my mainstays! I like to raise the spiciness factor by using a can of chipotles in adobo instead of the green chiles.” – Max
Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 small red, gold, or brown potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (red potatoes are my favorite)
- 1 8-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups heavy cream (may sub half & half for a lighter version)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-6 strips bacon, diced and cooked til crispy
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley
- Combine chicken, chicken broth, potatoes, green chiles, onion, and corn in slow cooker. Stir to combine, then cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Uncover slow cooker and use two forks to shred chicken.
- Stir in heavy cream, garlic powder, bacon, salt and pepper to taste, and cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and cracked black pepper and serve hot.