These spicy baked sweet potato wedges are easy to make, healthier than traditional fries, and SO delicious!
Happy Mother’s Day!
My mom’s funny. She has nine children but hates celebrating mother’s day for herself. She refuses to let us cook for her or give her gifts, instead she cooks for us… and we give her gifts anyway.
Mother’s are selfless, they don’t like to be spoiled, but sometimes they really need spoiling.
If I had children though, I’d certainly let them cook me dinner, at least as long as they were making spicy baked sweet potato wedges. And I wouldn’t have to feel guilty because these babies are quick and easy peasy to make. After tossing them in some olive oil, you just sprinkle on some seasonings – a little garlic, salt, and chili powder – and bake them up for about 20 minutes. Bingo! Amazing sweet potato fries straight from the oven – no frier needed.
Annnnnnd while we are on the subject of mother’s day…
You should hop over to my instagram account for some VERY exciting news. 😉
- 3-4 medium-large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or other cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (use less or more depending on how spicy you want it)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil, then toss to coat. Place potato wedges skin side down in a single layer on a large, greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl stir together salt, chili powder, and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture over potato wedges.
- Bake potato wedges for 15-25 minutes until fork tender. Stir together mayo and sriracha sauce for dipping.