Easy, 30-minute Buttery Garlic Steak and Mushroom Foil Packs are a healthy and hearty meal with juicy steak and tender mushrooms seasoned with herbs, garlic, and melted butter. Grill or bake for the perfect all-in-one meal!
MMMM my mouth is already watering over these foil packs. If you love it too, try Lemon Herb Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs, Garlic Steak and Potato Foil Packs, and Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs.
This post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. I received product and compensation – all opinions are my own.
My obsession with foil pack meals lives on! I cannot wait to share my latest foil pack creation with you today in partnership with Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. featuring juicy steak and tender mushrooms seasoned with herbs and garlic for big flavor you can’t resist. This meal is a crowd pleaser every single time!
Beef is a delicious tasting and nutrient rich protein you can rely on for strength and energy to fuel your busy days. Beef provides all the essential amino acids the body needs to support physical activity and a strong, healthy life. The iron in beef (which is more easily absorbed than iron from plant sources!) can help prevent fatigue – good news for anyone like me who spends my day chasing littles from A to Z and everywhere in between!
This is one thirty minute meal you can’t live without. One bowl, no-fuss prep and easy cleanup, this recipe is everything you could want! There no combo quite like steak and mushrooms and this recipe brings them together in the yummiest and easiest way with amazing flavors you’ll crave. You’ve gotta try these incredible Buttery Garlic Steak and Mushroom Foil Packs!
What people are saying about these Buttery Garlic Steak and Mushroom Foil Packs
“This was fantastic! I had some short rump steaks that were on the smaller size so did not cut the steak up into pieces. I cut up onions, peppers and mushrooms and put them on top of the steaks then I poured the butter and seasonings over it all yum is all I can say.” – Karen
Buttery Garlic Steak and Mushroom Foil Packs
- 1 pound top sirloin steak
- ½ pound whole mushrooms - halved
- 6 tablespoons butter - melted
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut steak into 2-inch chunks and place in a large bowl along with halved mushrooms.
- Stir together melted butter, basil, parsley, thyme, and garlic. Pour over steak and mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Divide steak and mushrooms between four large pieces of aluminum foil (see note 1) and wrap, pinching edges together to seal the packet. Grill for 12-15 minutes flipping halfway through to cook evenly OR bake for 25-30 minutes until steak is cooked to desired doneness (see note 2).
- Open packets, garnish with chopped parsley or thyme, and serve immediately.
- An alternate option to wrapping in foil is to wrap in parchment first, then wrap with foil.
- For added color on the steak when grilling: open the packets 2-3 minutes before done and use tongs to transfer meat to the grill grates, turning until just browned on all sides. For added color when baking: open packets 2-3 minutes before done and switch oven to broil on high for a couple of minutes.
Visit www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com/nutrition for more recipe inspiration and education surrounding beef!