Pepperjack Cheesesteaks – Thinly sliced sautéed beef with melty pepperjack cheese, served with grilled onions and peppers on a toasty hoagie roll!
Remember how I recently shared that really amazing recipe for Pepperjack Bacon Mac n’ Cheese? I believe that was the moment we all bonded over pepperjack. I tend to favor white cheeses over yellow. And if that white cheese has got a little spiciness going on? Oh baby.
Another thing I tend to favor? Fresh onions. As opposed to grilled ones. On my burgers and cold cut sammies, I like em fresh. But. Nothing beats grilled onions on a hot Philly. Melty cheese + grilled onions and peppers + tender thinly sliced beef = de.lish.ous.
These Pepperjack Cheesesteaks come together so quickly, with no-fuss, and taste oh so good! The prep work is minimal, just thinly slice up some steak, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms (if you’re feelin it) and you’re ready to go. Sautee all of that goodness and throw it on some toasty hoagie rolls. Oh. And don’t forget that melty pepperjack cheese. Adds the perfect kick to the whole shebang. Easy. Delicious. Done in 30 minutes. Now that is one great mid-week dinner.
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1.5 pounds top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- optional: 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 slices pepperjack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large pan or nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, cook over medium high heat, stirring throughout, until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms (optional) and cook, stirring throughout until onions are translucent. Add garlic cook another minute or so til garlic is fragrant. Add beef back to pan and stir to combine.
- Slice hoagie rolls down the center the long way. Spread mayo onto both sides of the rolls. Place 2 slice of pepperjack cheese on one side of each roll. Top with beef, peppers, and onions (and optional mushrooms). Place open rolls in the oven for about 3-5 minutes until cheese is melty. Serve warm and enjoy!