Coconut Lime Pound Cake – Incredibly moist and delicious lime-flavored pound cake with a decadent but simple coconut lime glaze!!!
You know the peanut butter fad? Peanut butter is the big thing these days. Instagram is chock full of iPhone pictures of people’s cereal spoons dripping with peanut butter. I really tried to get on board that train. I spent a whole month dipping anything and everything into peanut butter. Pretzels, bananas (I don’t even like bananas), carrots (ewe), ice cream. Annnnnd my love for coconut continues to reign supreme. I really enjoy peanut butter, but do you know how much I love coconut? There aren’t words.
Food bloggers don’t get the opportunity to make their favorite dishes over and over like we wish we could. We are constantly developing new recipes and even when we do make an old recipe, we feel the need to put a new spin on it, for the sake of the blog. This is a recipebI made last year when I started Creme de la Crumb. It is absolutely, hands down one of my all time favorite recipes I’ve ever made. It’s addicting!!! This Coconut Lime Pound Cake is a coconut lover’s paradise. And if you’re diggin’ lime too? You might cry tears of joy with a single bite. Just a heads up.
What people are saying about this Coconut Lime Pound Cake
“Oh my, this was delicious! I never used yogurt in baking before but it added such a fantastic taste and texture to this cake that I’ll definitely be using it more often. I made this a few days ago to test it before making it for Easter with the whole, extended family. It is so delicious that I’ve eaten about half of it already! Thank you!” – Teresa
“This pound cake recipe is AMAZING (yes, caps were necessary). I made it to take to an outdoor concert and my boyfriend could not get enough – he said it was the best thing I’ve ever baked! Now, I’m doubling the recipe to take two loafs home for my parents this weekend! Thanks for sharing – and keep ’em coming! ” – Brittney
Coconut Lime Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (may sub sour cream)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream, or half and half, or other milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x4 inch loaf pan with wax paper or nonstick foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add greek yogurt (or sour cream), eggs, vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice and blend until smooth. In a medium bowl whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-80 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake has cooled completely, prepare the glaze. Use a hand mixer to mix together powdered sugar, lime juice, coconut extract, and heavy cream (or half and half or milk) until smooth and pourable.
- Pour glaze over the cooled cake, using a rubber spatula to spread the glaze evenly. Sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired. Allow to cool completely before slicing. Store in airtight container.