Savory Grilled Corn Salsa made with just 6 simple ingredients!
We are grillin’ it up today! And be “it” I mean corn on the cob. Except instead of slathering it in butter and spices and digging right in like I’ve been doing almost obsessively for the past three weeks (seriously, I might have an addiction) we’re gonna combine that yummalicious grilled corn with 5 other ingredients to make SALSA.
You know I love my salsa.
Sometimes, wait scratch that, a lot of times the best recipes require just a few fresh ingredients. Plus when you’re grilling at least one of those ingredients the flavor gets bumped up a whole lot and suddenly it’s Flavortown USA right in your mouth.
And look at the colors!! Purple, yellow, green… I love it. We had this salsa with corn tortilla chips (which I constantly have stocked in my pantry) but since the last bite vanished I’ve been thinking of about 117 other ways to use it…. in burritos, on top of enchiladas or tostadas…. with grilled chicken…. I want ALLLL of it.
Did I mention it comes together in about 15 minutes?? You’re welcome!
Grilled Corn Salsa
- 3 ears corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- juice of 1-2 limes
- salt to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat and grease the grill. Place corn on the grill and cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, rotating throughout, until slightly charred. Use a sharp knife to cut the corn off of the cob and place it in a medium bowl.
- Add diced onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and garlic powder to the bowl and toss to incorporate ingredients. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips or alongside your favorite Mexican dish!