Maple Pecan Apple Pie Bars – Maple, pecans, and apple pie all rolled into one amazingly delicious and easy bar! A treat with something for everyone!
I make a lot of food. No surprise there. I make breakfasts, snacks, desserts, dinners, sauces, and things that fall somehow into the miscellaneous category. Some recipes turn out really really good. Some are eh, one time things. A lot are sad pitiful disasters that result in last minute take out.
And a select few are oh-my-gosh so freaking good I could cry.
This is one of the latter recipes. The ones that make me think I could probably be a famous chef. Or baker. Or just feed my future children super well some day. And I will. As long as all they want is Maple Pecan Apple Pie Bars.
Remember when I said I nearly ate the very last of a recipe because it was so delicious and that I almost had to tell you about it without pictures? Luckily I saved a couple scraps to photograph for you. But really. I made a whole pan of these and basically ate the entire thing with a fork over the course of two days.
What people are saying about these Maple Pecan Apple Pie Bars
“This is my first recipe from your site! I made these for my husband and they are DELICIOUS!! I accidentally read the recipe wrong and used good quality maple syrup and the glaze is so yummy!” – Kenin
“Made them……AND……..FANTASTIC! Quick and delish!!! Just the way I roll.” – Tori
Maple Pecan Apple Pie Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks butter, chilled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced (I used two granny smith apples and one gala)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and mix well. Cut in butter with pastry knife or two forks or until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Add egg and mix to combine. Press dough into prepared pan.
- To prepare the filling, combine apples and flour and toss to coat. Add brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon and stir to combine. Spread over crust. Bake 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and maple extract and whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled bars. Top with chopped pecans. Allow glaze to set before cutting bars. Store in airtight container.