Tuscan Garlic Chicken – Crispy garlic chicken topped with a creamy cheesy sauce! ready in just 30 minutes – perfect for any busy weeknight dinner!
Have you been to The Olive Garden? If you have then you probably are more than familiar with their famous salad and breadsticks. I could go to the restaurant and just have those two things for my entire dinner. In fact, I have! Thankfully I don’t do that every time. Because I might have never discovered the Chicken & Gnocchi Soup or their Tuscan Garlic Chicken. Yes, the namesake and inspiration for the recipe I’m sharing with you today.
If you don’t like cheesy sauces poured over crispy savory chicken and served atop tender fettuccine noodles, then you really shouldn’t make this dish. The sauce is absolutely amazing! So creamy and rich…Mmmmmm, I may or may not have licked the spoon one or seventeen times during the cooking process. It’s SO good! That, paired with the crispy, juicy and tender garlic chicken is a winning combination. I will be making this chicken again and again. I’m hooked!
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles, cooked al dente
- Preheat oven to 375 In a large bowl whisk together 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, dried basil, oregano, and onion powder. Dip chicken breasts into bowl and flip to coat completely. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet or large pan over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add chicken to pan. Cook until browned, then flip and cook other side. (1-2 minutes each side) Place chicken in a shallow dish and bake 10-15 mins until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Saute diced pepper over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes longer until fragrant. Scrape peppers and garlic out of pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan. When oil is warm, add flour and stir until flour clumps up. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. In a small bowl whisk cornstarch into heavy cream until dissolved. Bring sauce to a boil and add cream mixture.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in 1 cup milk and spinach. Add reserved peppers and garlic, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, salt, and white pepper. Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened, stirring throughout. Plate 1/2 cup noodles, place chicken breast on noodles, and top with sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and additional cheese if desired.
Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.