These easy grilled 3-Ingredient Grilled Ranch Potatoes are quick, absolutely delicious, and make the perfect side dish for any summertime meal!
I am so in love with these grilled ranch potatoes. I’ve already made them twice in the past 5 days and have plans to make them again this week!
Does anyone but me struggle with coming up with side dishes? I can plan a main dish, no problem, but then when it comes to sitting down to dinner suddenly I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out what to serve with the main dish.
Ummmm…. apple anyone?
Salads are just about my favorite thing ever so we do a lot of side salads in this house, but when I find something new that is quick, easy, and super super yummy I get very, very excited. These potatoes: case in point. And since it’s grilling season and I find myself on the back deck tending seasoned chicken or burgers almost every day, I love that I can throw these ranch potatoes on the grill with whatever else I’m cooking.
P.S. did I mention this recipe only calls for 3 ingredients? THREE people. Uno dos tres. Potatoes + olive oil + ranch seasoning. So if you shy away from side dishes because you feel like they take as much work as the main dish does and you just aren’t a fan of spending hours preparing for a simple weeknight dinner, these potatoes are for you!
And me. They’re for me. Because I really quite adore all things ranch, and all things potato, and all things grilled.
3-Ingredient Grilled Ranch Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - (or other oil)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- Wash, pat dry, and quarter potatoes (for larger ones you may need to chop into slightly smaller pieces, about 1 inch pieces).
- Place chopped potatoes in a large resealable bag. Drizzle olive oil into the bag, seal, and toss to coat the potatoes.
- Open the bag, sprinkle in half of the ranch seasoning, seal, toss to coat, then repeat with remaining seasoning.
- Thread potatoes on skewers. Grill over low heat for 10-20 minutes (depending on your grill and the size of your potatoes) turning throughout to ensure even cooking. When fork-tender, remove from grill and serve warm with cold ranch dressing if desired. Enjoy!
To cook these do you put them right on the bbq’r or do you put down foil 1st?
You can do either – I have always put them directly on the grill rack but foil will help keep them from sticking to the rack!
Can you make these in the oven instead of grilling?
Yes absolutely! Just bake them on a baking sheet at 400 degrees. I’d try about 15-20 minutes but they may take a little longer depending on the size of your potatoes
I love how simple these are! They look so delicious, anything with Ranch, ya can’t go wrong
I have to par boil the potatoes first or they will never cook in 10-20 minutes on the grill.
Please assist me with the recipe for the potato dip 😊