This easy recipe for Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges will blow you away with its simplicity and fantastic garlic, Italian herbs, and parmesan flavors! They make a great side dish or appetizer for parties too!
Try these other side dishes with your favorite meals: Bacon Avocado Potato Salad, Best Ever Creamy Sweet Macaroni Salad, and Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli & Cauliflower.
I’ll be honest: This latest semi-french fry recipe is sort of blowing my mind. So crispy and loaded with yummy garlic and Italian flavors. I could never turn down garlic and cheese on fries and I think you won’t be able to, either!
Fries are my weakness. Many a time my sky-high metabolism’ed younger self and brother made midnight french fry runs to the local Wendy’s/Carl’s Junior/Mickey-Ds/whatever is open. When my siblings and I went to iHop for breakfast, I ordered chicken strips and fries. Pancakes are great, sure, but they just can’t win out over deep fried potatoes and ketchup.
I’ve since tried to get a handle on my addiction in my adult years by ordering fries on the side only here and there when eating out, instead of going with the fries-with-everything motto I endorsed for 20 years. Oftentimes I’ll just share with the husband, he doesn’t mind giving up a few…or 60%. He’s awesome like that.
And when I’m craving fries at home in my sweats, I usually make my own instead of heading out for a to-go order. And these…well, Wendy’s natural cut fries have nothing on these baked garlic parmesan potato wedges! So when I say these are worth making, I really mean it!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN GARLIC PARMESAN POTATO WEDGES?
- Large russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
HOW DO YOU MAKE GARLIC PARMESAN POTATO WEDGES?
So easy you’re going to think you should make these every night. Go ahead, I won’t fight ya!
Preheat the oven to 375 and get to work prepping your potatoes (more on that below).
Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set it aside. Then, add the potato wedges to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. In another small bowl whisk together salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle the potato wedges with the shredded cheese, tossing to coat, then sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
Place the seasoned and cheesed potato wedges on your prepared baking sheet in a single layer, skin-side down. Bake for 25-35 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and golden. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and dressing for dipping.
IDEAS FOR DIPPING GARLIC PARMESAN POTATO WEDGES
Because what are fries without dip?!
- The first time I made these roasted potato fries, I dipped them in blue cheese dressing with freshly chopped parsley. Oh my heaven.
- Ketchup, cause, it’s a natural relationship.
- Chimichurri: don’t knock it till you try it! In fact, don’t dip, just dump the chimichurri all over the fries and eat with a fork (or your hands, no judgment).
- Queso dip! Cheese on cheese on cheese!
- Crab and artichoke dip? Sure!
- If you love blue cheese dip, you’ll probably also want to go ahead and make this Greek Yogurt Ranch.
- Plain old mustard is great, but honey mustard is much, much better!
- Tzatziki! Need I say more?
- For a little bit of heat in your dip, try this chipotle ranch version of a typical ranch dip.
HOW TO CUT POTATO WEDGES
I rinse my potatoes under cold water, rubbing off any dirt first. Then I cut off any bad spots or “eyes” that are starting to grow.
Then, I dry the potatoes off (so they aren’t slippery when you’re trying to cut them) and place them on a cutting board. Grab a large, sharp knife for cutting these into wedges. Place the potato down longside away from you and slice right down the middle, lengthwise. Turn the two cut halves down on the flat side/inside and cut those in half again. (Placing them flat side down ensures they won’t roll and lessens the chances that you’ll cut yourself.)
Finally, carefully cut each quarter-wedge in half through the center. Ta da!
If you have particularly large potatoes, you can cut some sections again. They should all be roughly about an inch in width to make them bake more evenly.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 3-4 large russet potatoes - sliced into wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- optional: fresh parsley (or cilantro) - ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. In a small bowl whisk together salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle potato wedges with the shredded cheese, tossing to coat, then sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet in a single layer with skin-sides-down. Bake for 25-35 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and golden. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and dressing for dipping.
Originally posted April 2015, updated April 2020 with new photos and wording, recipe is unchanged.
I like everything baked with garlic, it smells so delicious, great recipe looks so crispy and yummy……
I realize you posted this some time ago, but I wanted to let you know these tasty wedges are still tantalizing the palates of those who try them. I had a planned “leftovers” night last night to clean out the fridge but wanted something fresh to go along with it. I’d pinned this recipe and was intent on trying it. Well, last night was the night. The wedges went together in about 5 minutes and it took just 30 minutes in the oven for them to be toasty brown. I had to try one immediately…despite knowing about the dangers of burning off my taste buds…and I was hooked. I have an adult son living at home who’s been cutting back on carbs. I don’t know how many trips he made back to the kitchen to replenish his plate’s empty potato spot. To say these will be on a regular rotation in my home is an understatement. I’m going to start a blog in the next few weeks. I sincerely hope you won’t mind if I link back to you with this recipe.
Quite delicious, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this , its so easy to make and its fun.
Just made this and it is amazing… I didn’t have fresh Parmesan Cheese so I used from the store…. it is so good… yummy