Creamy, Slow Cooker Chicken & Wild Rice Soup made in your crockpot with 2 minutes prep. Easy, tasty comfort food perfection!
So we’re now on day 3 of the school semester and I already want to sleep for 17 hours and burn every textbook in the house. I’ve taken 3 quizzes, read more pages than I care to say from the most incredibly dull political science book known to mankind, and written a painfully boring persuasive paper.
I won’t bore you with details but I’ll just say that it revolved around the ObamaCare controversy – let’s not open that can of worms!
Honestly this here blog is my sanctuary at the moment. When I was adding citations to my poli-sci paper I wished the entire time I could forget about all things APA and MLA for two minutes and instead discuss super-mega-creamy chicken and wild rice soup things with you instead.
Oh what I wouldn’t give to never go through the agony of in-text citations again for as long as I live. Fairly certain I’d give a toe people. A real toe.
It’s okay, I’ve got 9 spares.
Now let’s indulge in some creamy perfection. Do you see that^^^^?? That’s what a creamy soup should look like. I’ve gotten into this habit lately of adding cream cheese to, well, basically everything.
Side bar: the other day I told my husband I put cream cheese in our chicken enchilada soup and he gave me the nastiest look in the world. Turns out when I said “cream cheese” it registered as “cottage cheese” in his mind.
Yeahhh not so much hon.
But cream cheese? Yes PUH-LEASE.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk (I used fat free half & half but any will regular milk - not almond or soy milk, etc - will do)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light or fat free are okay)
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 5-6 hours.
- Uncover the slow cooker, use two forks to shred chicken, then stir until cream cheese is combined with the liquid and soup is thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed, then garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve. Enjoy!