Easy 3 ingredient chocolate peanut butter hearts are a quick, 5-minute kid friendly Valentines Day treat for chocolate and peanut butter lovers.
Pretzels and chocolate are my JAM. When I was about ten years old I had a little confection business. I made, printed, and delivered flyers to the whole neighborhood before Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and one year even 4th of July. It started with chocolate-dipped strawberries but soon led to chocolate-dipped Oreos and chocolate-dipped pretzels. For a one gal show (and a little help from my number one fan: my mom) it was a pretty dang successful little gig I had going.
I haven’t sold treats like that in years but I still love to make them, and love to eat them even more. Pretzels and chocolate I’ve done a thousand times but for Valentines Day this year I whipped some up with the addition of peanut butter and I’ve been indulging in them for the past week or so. I thought I’d deliver them to some neighbors buuuuuuuuttttt, yeah I ate them all. I did share though!!! My 16 month old twins devoured their fair share.
- pretzels (large or mini)
- creamy peanut butter
- white, pink, or red melting chocolate
- sprinkles (optional)
- Line a plate or small baking sheet (small enough to fit in your fridge or freezer) with wax or parchment paper.
- Smear some peanut butter on each pretzel, using a knife or the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Place in a single layer on prepared plate/baking sheet and transfer to fridge or freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl (if using multiple colors, use a different bowl for each color). Microwave on half power for 1 minute. Stir, return to microwave for 20 seconds at a time stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove pretzels from fridge or freezer. Hold one corner of a pretzel and dip into chocolate, then lay flat on your baking sheet. Top with sprinkles if desired, and repeat process with remaining pretzels. Allow to cool completely (you can pop them back into the fridge or freezer for 1-2 minutes to speed it up) before serving or storing.