Banana Bread Pancakes – the ultimate breakfast twist on classic banana bread!
It’s monday, my kitchen floor is healing better than expected, and it may or may not be my birthday sooooo PANCAKES. Yeah that sounds about right.
But banana bread. That I like.
Today we’re expanding that list to two items. Banana bread… and banana bread pancakes.
Because these are the pancake BOMB.
They’re so fluffy and moist and sweet and gahhhhhhh they’re just amazing. I love drizzling a big ol’ stack of these banana bread pancakes with maple syrup and sprinkling on some chopped nuts for a little crunch. You can even throw some walnuts into the batter if you love banana walnut bread. Or if you’re like my husband, chocolate chips.
Because according to him, if it doesn’t have chocolate chips, it’s just lacking.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup Diamond of California Shelled Pecans or Walnuts, roughly chopped
- optional: syrup, semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat a skillet, pan, or griddle to medium heat (about 275 degrees).
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl mix together egg, milk, butter, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined (do not overmix, a few lumps are okay!). Gently stir in nuts.
- Lightly grease your preheated skillet. Pour ¼ cup batter onto the skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes until edges begin to look "dry". Flip with spatula, then cook another 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with syrup and chopped nuts as desired.
This awesome pancake recipe has been sponsored by Diamond of California – Thanks for letting me work with the brands I love to keep this here blog going!