An easy one-pan dish with yummy Tex-Mex flavors. The rice, chicken, and veggies bring all come together in one ultra cheesy Chicken Taco Rice Skillet meal that will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
This has to be one of my favorite dishes I’ve made in a long time. I’m a sucker for Tex-Mex flavors like black beans, chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and corn. You know I adore tacos, heaven knows I could eat them every day of my life. This dish is like a taco… plus rice! I love rice. I feel about rice the way a lot of people feel about pasta. It’s basically a vehicle for everything yummy in life. You can top it with veggies, chicken and meat, and any sauce your heart desires. Rice is a chameleon – it’s takes on any flavor you want it to!
This dish is easily customizable too. You can swap out the chicken for beef, or even skip it altogether for a meatless dish. You can use yellow cheese, white cheese, or a combination. And you can top it with anything you like. I especially like it with lots and lotssss of cilantro, avocados (or guacamole!), fresh tomatoes, and jalapeños! The whole thing comes together in less than 30 minutes so it’s easy to throw together on busy nights. And I’m just sayin, leftovers freeze really well – I’ve made this and eaten it all week long for lunches. Definitely a family-favorite!
What people are saying about this Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
“This was AMAZING!! Big hit!! Thank you for this quick but very DELISHH meal!!!” – Carla
“I made this tonight and it was delicious! We will add it to our regular menu for sure!” – Ashley
“This is delicious! Great flavors and quick and easy. Another awesome recipe – keep them coming!” – Marsha
“I made this for supper tonight. It was really good! Easy to make too.” – Christina
Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
- 2 large chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1-2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup yellow corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese (cheddar, colby jack, monterey jack, etc)
- optional toppings: 1 avocado (diced) or guacamole, cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes, jalapeños
- Drizzle a large pan or non stick skillet with olive oil (or spray heavily with cooking spray). Add chicken and sauté over medium heat 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Add diced onion and taco seasoning and sauté until tender. Add rice, beans, corn, salsa, and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- To finish, add cheese and stir until melty. If desired top with avocados, cilantro, sour cream, and other toppings. Serve immediately.