Super moist and perfectly sweet and savory Best Easy Moist Banana Bread made with Greek yogurt, ripened bananas, and just the right amount of sweetness for perfect flavor!
This is it people. This is my absolute favorite, perfect banana bread recipe. The perfect sweetness. The perfect moistness, the perfect texture. I’ve tried other recipes and none of them come close to this beauty. I’ve spent the last couple of weeks perfecting it, making it again and again and again until I reached this perfection. Go ahead and double this recipe because the first loaf will be gone before you know it.
Here’s How You Make This Super Moist Banana Bread
Just four steps and 30 minutes separate you from enjoying the best banana bread around.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a loaf pan by greasing it.
- Mix together the mashed banana, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Then add the vanilla and egg.
- To the banana mixture, add the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until it’s all just combined, being careful to not overmix. Once you’ve mixed in all the streaks of flour, you’re done mixing. Pour the bread into the prepared pan.
- Let this moist banana bread bake for 55-65 minutes or until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool completely on a wire rack before turning the banana bread out of the pan and slicing.
Why This Recipe Works
Using up those leftover bananas –We all have those bananas we swore we’d eat by week’s end but never do. Don’t throw them out! Make this moist banana bread recipe instead! Just think, you could have your own delicious, simple banana bread recipe waiting for you to make every weekend!
Easy – You don’t even have to mix this easy banana bread much at all. Just toss everything together, give it a few stirs, and bake. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
Travels well – Need a hostess gift or have a friend that’s under the weather? I’m always baking up this best banana bread to gift to others. Everyone loves the gift of food. Healthy – Made with fruit, applesauce, and Greek yogurt, this banana bread skips the extra oils and fats you’ll see in most recipes. You can skip the chocolate chips too for even more healthy nutrition.
Customizations and Optional Add-Ins
- Not a fan of chocolate chips? Leave them out. Alternatively, you could also swap out the semisweet chocolate chips for any that you like. I personally love dark chocolate, but you could also do white chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Add chopped walnuts to the batter right before baking for a nutty crunch.
- For some cinnamon goodness, add a teaspoon or two of cinnamon to the batter, plus a mixture of cinnamon sugar to the top of the bread before baking (optional).
- Add an extra bit of nutrition to this easy banana bread by adding in a tablespoon of flax seeds to the batter before baking or top the bread with instant oats for a nutty texture on top.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- I’ve made this easy banana bread with and without chocolate chips. Both options are amazing though I think it breaks my husband’s heart every time it doesn’t have chocolate chips in it. However, if you’re going for healthier banana bread, skip ’em. But if you are willing to indulge a little, throw those babies IN.
- The applesauce. You can swap out the applesauce for oil – vegetable or canola both work fine. The oil does intensify the flavor a bit because hello – fats. That’s what they do. But I love this great with applesauce OR with the oil. So, if you want lots of moisture and great texture and aren’t afraid to skip on the traditional oil, do yourself a healthy favor and go with the applesauce.
- Do not – I repeat – DO NOT over mix the batter. Just mix until there are no more streaks of flour and no more than that. I you mix it too much, the end result will be a spongy dense banana bread. When in doubt, mix by hand instead of using a mixer and if you do use an electric mixer (I always do) mix on low speed.
- You can keep this banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- You can use less sugar if you want for a healthier version of this bread. I you want to use less sugar I recommend making sure to use VERY ripe bananas as the riper the bananas, the sweeter the bread will be.
More Banana Recipes You’ll Love
- Banana Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Crepes with Banana Filling
- Chunky Monkey Banana Cookies
- Banana Bread Pancakes
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins
Did you make this incredibly easy and tasty Banana Bread recipe? AWESOME! Please rate the recipe below!
Best Easy Moist Banana Bread
- 3 bananas - mashed
- ½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce - (see note)
- 1 cup sugar - (see note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×5 inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed banana, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and sugar. Mix in vanilla and eggs.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and mix until just combined – DO NOT OVER MIX – just until there are no remaining streaks of flour. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, until top is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before turning bread out of pan and slicing. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.