Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are quick, delicious, and fun for the whole family with a cinnamon sugar topping and easily frozen for on-the-go breakfasts!
Easy breakfasts are our lifeblood around here. If you can relate, try Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Muffins, Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwich, and Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole.
This post is sponsored by Horizon Organic – all opinions are my own.
Say hello to my new favorite breakfast! Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it pleases the whole family – even my picky toddlers! – and can be frozen and reheated for individual breakfasts on the go. And it’s FRENCH TOAST in a cute little MUFFIN. What’s not to love here??
These tasty little breakfast beauties are made in about 35 minutes and only call for 6 – that’s right SIX – ingredients. You’ll want to use thick sliced Texas toast style bread for this recipe. That’s my number one tip for soft and fluffy, never overly dense, French toast muffins.
Slice the bread into cubes and place it in a large bowl. Next you’ll whisk together eggs, vanilla, sugar, and some Horizon Organic Whole Milk and pour it over your bread cubes. I encourage my family to live a healthy lifestyle by fueling them with ingredients I know are delicious and nutritious, like Horizon Organic Milk. Knowing I’m packing wholesome goodness into these French toast muffins makes me that much happier about my family devouring every last one from the batch.
Once you’ve got the bread and egg mixture all tossed together, fill your muffin tin, being sure to pack each one really full – don’t be afraid to let the bread cubes extend above the pan, the higher the better! Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top (my favorite part!) and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and your kitchen smells like cinnamon-sugar heaven.
Drizzle with syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar for the ultimate family-friends breakfast treat. Let any extras cool completely before wrapping and freezing for quick and easy individual breakfasts throughout the week! These Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are completely delicious and so easy to make, I know you and your family will go nuts for them!
Watch the Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins Video
What people are saying about these Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins
“I made these little beauties for brunch today and my 3 grandsons and hubby LOVED them! I made half into muffins & the other half into mini loaves and both turned out fantastic! I will be freezing the leftovers & can’t wait to see how they freeze for work later this week!” – Samantha
“I made these yesterday with some leftover crusty rolls. They were fabulous and we all loved them!” – Ashley
“Thank you for this recipe! I made this tonight and it was a huge hit. I couldn’t find Texas toast style bread, so I used almost all of a loaf of french bread from my store’s bakery department. I will definitely make this again!” – Lisa
“I’m looking forward to making these. I’ve made several of your recipes and have never been disappointed.” – CC
Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins
- 14 slices Texas toast style bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Horizon Organic Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sugar divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar or syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cavity muffin tin. Cut bread slices into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Pour over bread cubes, then gently stir to coat all the cubes in the egg mixture. Fill muffin tins with soaked bread cubes, packing gently to fill all of the cavity space.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bake through the middle.
- Serve warm topped with powdered sugar or syrup. To freeze for later, wrap individually in plastic wrap. To reheat, unwrap and microwave for 30-60 seconds.