Easy healthy baked lemon chicken that is loaded with yummy flavor and you can make in a hurry with just a few simple ingredients.
Hellooooooo! Did you survive the weekend?
I spent mine in Portland – my first time in Oregon and I l.o.v.e.d. it. I only wish I’d had more time to explore the city but the good news is that this was just a preview and we are planning a family trip to the Oregon Coast this summer which is a good thing because I NEED more marionberry ice cream.
After waiting all weekend to try it out, I am so in love with out this healthy baked lemon chicken turned out! It is juicy, tender, savory with a hint of sweetness, and so so easy to make. I served it with pan roasted garlic asparagus and it was heaven!
Bottom line: You need this, you really really do.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- optional: fresh rosemary and lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until browned. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes (closer to 20 for smaller chicken breasts, closer to 30 for larger) until chicken is cooked through. Every 5-10 minutes spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired and serve.