Tomatillo Ranch Chicken – This juicy chicken is flavorful and delicious after being marinated, cooked, and smothered in creamy tomatillo ranch dressing!
Music is a big thing for me. For my husband though, the radio is more of a “background noise” thing. I love country, and he’ll throw on the pop station when he gets in the car. This could have been a big deal breaker in the beginning, but I was willing to let it go because of one very important thing we have in common: our deep adoration for Mexican food. I loooooove Mexican food. LOVE it passionately. When I was a kid, I ate so many burritos my mother would say “you’re going to turn into a burrito!” and oh how I’d wished she were right.
Of course, I’m in the mood for Mexican food every meal of every day ever, but my husband made a really interesting point this week. He mentioned that after Thanksgiving he always has to have a spicy Mexican meal. Although I’d never be opposed to it, I asked him why. He said that something about the “bland” Thanksgiving flavors makes him crave something with a real good kick afterwards. I thought about it for a minute, and then realized I totally agree! Now, I personally wouldn’t say Thanksgiving flavors are “bland” but I get what he’s trying to say.
I fixed up this super easy Tomatillo Ranch Chicken and it really hit the spot! The creamy ranch with big tomatillo and cilantro flavors were perfect. The chicken was juicy and flavorful after marinating it in the dressing, cooking it in the dressing, and loading plenty of extra on top. We loved the creamy dressing and my husband mentioned afterwards that he’d like to use the leftovers on a salad. This yummy chicken dish is easy to throw together and perfect for a simple and delicious weeknight meal!
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 package buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 2½ teaspoons garlic
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 tomatillos, husked and chopped
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 3-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Blend together mayo, buttermilk and next five ingredients. Pour 1 cup of dressing into a large ziplock back. Add chicken breasts. Seal and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375. Discard marinade and place chicken breasts side by side in a shallow baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Top with additional dressing and serve with rice if desired. Enjoy!
Loved this?! Try these next!